Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A misunderstood angel


Hello!


As promised I am writing a post regarding my nana, the person that took care of all of my brothers and me. But her work didn't end there, when the grandkids were born she also took care of them. Now her name never changed to grandmother or nana for that matter, it remained the same Julia. When my brothers and I were growing up she herself wasn't that old, you could say she grew up with us, you could say she was my mother's first child. Julia was "given" to my mother by the orphan school where Julia used to attend and my mother was her dance teacher. When my mother took Julia under her care she was 18 years old and when my older brother was born she was going to turn 20. Four years later yours truly was born and Julia didn't miss the call, neither would she miss it for the other 2 following boys. What I recall from her is that she was a great storyteller, she could scare the beJesus out of you with her stories of the Man without a head, of the man missing an ass, of the devil himself when we used to stay in my aunts spooky farm... She was my sister, my buddy, my mother, my caregiver when I was a child and later on in life when I needed a hand. To our sons and daughters she was an additional grandmother that would protect them and spoil them, she was there to defend them at whatever cost.


She deserves this break, she worked all her life for the benefits of others and she probably complained but not too loud. Wherever she is I pray that she is happy, that she's resting and that she still looks after us whenever she can... Julia you will be missed!


RIP Julia.....

Guatemala
Titanes en el ring
Xochimilco
My older brother and Julia
Julia and my youngest brother
Julia and my youngest brother's kid
Julia in one of her off days
October 15 1944-August 13 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment