Monday, August 15, 2011

A midnight snack


Hello!


So my wife worked yesterday until about midnight, she has a customer that always celebrates her birthday on the actual day that she was born. Her parties are so "decadent" with food, they have so much pastry it's not even funny. They always send me some after the party and yesterday was no exception. When my wife came back she brought me a plate of deserts that the husband had prepare for her, cheesecake, Portuguese cakes, orange cakes, some creamy stuff that was really delicious.... It had shaved  almonds... A whole bunch of stuff people, a whole bunch! So my wife brought it so I could taste a bit, a small snack before I fell asleep, well, one thing led to another and before you know it I had finished the plate! Dear Lord, don't these people know that I am diabetic? Well I think it was worth it, it's one of those things that you have to have. I went to sleep dreaming that my sugar levels were at an all-time high of 48, I know Americans have a different reading, but in my dreams I took some extra insulin and everything was all right... Guess what I had this morning for breakfast? I had a piece of cake that was left over from yesterday, strawberries, fresh whipped cream, left over decadency from last night! You've gotta bless these people, they sure know how party!


I want some cake now...

No comments:

Post a Comment