Sunday, August 7, 2011

History in the making

Hello!


Well I got the picture I was desiring to have, the one of my girls with their great-grandmother. I don't know what it is with me but I put a lot of importance to who were the ancestors. One day my girls are going to ask me "who was our great-grandmother?" Well in this case I have physical evidence of what she looked like and if they ask me even more I can tell them who she was. I've lived with the woman for about a month and a half, in Mexico, I can tell you that she loves (loved) anise liquor and she used to sell clothes in a public market. Throughout her life she also suffered the loss of two sons who died in pretty peculiar circumstances: one, the grandfather of my girls, died of kidney failure in the US, the other one survived an accident just to walk into the road to get help and get hit by a car that killed him.


I don't know much about my past but I have worked on it to leave some information for my girls when I'm gone, but I don't have the pleasure of having a picture with my great-grandmother. It is important that they remember where they come from...

The daughter, the grand daughter and the great-grand daughters



Take care folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment