Friday, August 19, 2011

Her name was Vicki...


Hello!

I was going down memory lane today with my oldest daughter and I was telling her of all the adventures I have had, okay not all of them but the ones that deserved to be mentioned. Analyzing all of my "mishaps" I have come to the conclusion, once again, that I'm a sucker for voices that have something in them, I don't know what it is but all I need is either an accent, a lisp, something that makes that person's voice different. I'm really a sucker for these type of things. I went as back as I could remember, then inadvertently I remembered her. Ah yes, I believe her name was Vicki. This was a torrid love affair that never happened, laughable when I think about it now but did it ever put a dent on my male ego back then. You see folks, when I was but a child, 20 odd years old, my brothers and I used to order food at this restaurant quite often, Kent was its name, and one day kismet was to be part of the equation. I was placing the order, she was answering the phone... this is it folks, I found my better half!

With this idea on my head, one day my crew and I decided to pay a visit to the restaurant, you know just to make sure that she wasn't some sort of alien or something. What I saw pleased my eyes, that's it I was in total and undeniably in love. This is the girl that was going to be the mother of my children, has to be, otherwise why would the universe had me call that day and her answer the phone with that peculiar tone of voice, with that gigantic lisp. Well, I kept on ordering and she kept on taking the calls, this was real love folks... Then the day came when I was ready for it, I couldn't wait any longer, I had to go and see her, tell her how I felt. It didn't matter that it was a stormy day outside, this was just going to add to the story I was gonna tell my grandchildren one day. So off I went to see Vicki and tell her my feelings for her... when I got to the restaurant I ordered coffee and a piece of cheesecake, I didn't want to look like I was desperate. So once I finished my coffee, paid my bill and got ready to drive back to the house, I approached her and told her my feelings:

"Look, would you like to go and see a movie one day with me?"

Then the harshest words that ever came out of somebody's mouth hit me:

"Uhh, I got a boyfriend..."

Oh the tragedy! The universe started laughing at me and has never stopped since then... The only girl I have ever asked out on a date has a freaking boyfriend! Seriously?! I think my life would have been different if she would have said yes, then again maybe this was my destiny... Maybe I needed to learn some sort of lesson that I really never got because I was too heartbroken to realize it...Dumb boyfriend..maybe she didn't like guys....


Take care folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment